THE FOX AND HOUNDS
106 Pound Street
Dates back to the 1870's when Robert Boyce was landlord.
Originally called The Coopers Arms.
Name changed to Fox And Hounds in 1880's due to it being used as a meeting place for the local fox hunt.
In the 1890's the pub was also the meeting place of The Bitterne Brass Band.
Once a Strong's Romsey Brewery pub but a Whitbread pub since 1969.