There was a pub on this site in the 1860’s whose landlord was William Glue.
The original pub on this site was nicknamed ‘The Old Black House’ due to its corrugated walls and tarpaulin roof.
The Elephant and Castle was built in the 1930’s and was once owned by Mew Langton’s Brewery.
It was built next to the Mew Langton Brewery’s Sports Ground.
Twice refurbished in 1966 and again in the 1980’s.
Demolished (early 1990’s) and now the site of many council owned houses.